Vacancy: Postdoctoral Fellows – 3 Positions
The Centre for Coastal Management (CCM) at the University of Cape Coast (UCC) invites applications for a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship on the Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) Project in Ghana, from eligible and interested candidates.
About the Fellowship
The ACECoR Postdoctoral Fellowships Program has been instituted to attract outstanding recent doctoral graduates to the University of Cape Coast from across the West and Central Africa sub-regions. The Program aims to recruit young researchers who have the potential to build and lead collaborative research activities across the thematic research areas and support research activities of the
Centre. The University of Cape Coast offers a conducive research environment with a well-resourced laboratory facility for coastal areas research.
It includes areas of research priority for the CCM’s ACECoR Project; CoastalGeomorphology and Engineering, Blue Economy, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Disaster Risk Management and Migration, and Ecosystems, and Biodiversity.
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana.
Suitable applicants must have completed their PhD studies within the past three years (from 2017). The postdoctoral fellow must have a background in one or a combination of the
following areas; Fisheries and/or Aquaculture, Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM), Oceanography, Climate Science, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Sociology, and other fields related to
the research priority areas of ACECoR. Competencies in the use of spreadsheet, statistical analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and good knowledge and application of Geographic Information System (GIS)
and Remote Sensing (RS) are required and will give suitable candidates a competitive advantage.
The Fellows will work within the scope of the priority/thematic areas of research at ACECoR and will be assigned the following responsibilities:
1. Conduct research required in the assigned thematic area to the highest standard and in accordance with all institutional and national regulations,
2. Liaise with research theme leads and staff of CCM to design and implement research instruments, protocols and other tools for laboratory and field data collection and analyses,
3. Coordinate the acquisition of ethical clearance for all research at the Centre and support the coordination of students’ research activities,
4. Contribute to the development of grant-winning research proposals for the Centre,
5. Support the datahub outfit of ACECoR in collating and managing data from students, and
6. Perform any other assignment as shall be assigned by the Director of CCM/ACECoR
Benefits attached to this position are attractive.
How to apply
All suitable applicants should submit their application to the Director, Centre for Coastal Management, University of Cape Coast on or before Friday, August 14, 2020. All applications should include
1) Application letter
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) Letter of motivation
4) Two reference letters
5) Five-page research proposal.
Send your application via email email@example.com under the subject ACECoR Postdoc Fellowship.